Friday, February 2, 2007

First Day of Classes

Thursday marked the first day of classes. My International Economics professor decided to be in Sweden Skiing instead of teaching, so my first class was canceled. He failed to tell anyone, and a student called his cell phone and he was on a lift to the top of a Mountain. My Finance and Investment professor speaks with a Danish fake British English accent, and is hilarious. This course sounds exactly like my Finance course from last semester, so it should be easy. First impressions of the schooling process are that it is very informal, and the professors prefer to be called by their first name. This varies greatly from some of the pompous professors in the US that get all in a huff if you don't call them Dr. whatever.
Thursday also marked the grand reopening of Tutten, the residence hall pub in the basement of our dorm. Try to imagine if McCormick Hall invited all of its residents to the basement and served beer... thats what it is like (only with hot Danes and Germans instead of drunk Wisconsin girls.)
It seems rains nearly every day here, on and off, kinda like Seattle. From what I hear from home it's cooooooold, so 50 degrees and rain is okay with me.
Well... off to the intro party, more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor baby, it sounds like you have it soooo rough! Things warmed up in dairyland today because Brett Far-va said he's coming back. Dad

Scott said...

You are missing some bone chilling coldness, my friend. I've been inside for about 45 minutes now and I'm still cold.