Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yes, in the Library!



Orientation Day
New exchange students for this semester:
8 Spaniards
3 Frenchmen/women
4 Germans
2 Mexicans
1 me

Add to this the fact that there about a million other exchange full degree students here, and it makes for an awesome atmosphere. There are so many international students that I think they outnumber the Danes at the school. The interesting thing about it is that when speaking to each other, they speak in their native tongue, but English is the common language when there are two or more languages represented. My four years of high school Spanish are surprisingly helpful, and I'm sure in a few weeks I'll have "remastered" my Spanish.

The tour of the university ended at the library, at which time we were asked to enjoy a drink in the basement of the library. I assumed coffee... enough with the assumptions. No, there is a fully stocked bar in the basement of the library. The student cafe, is basically a discotek in the basement of the library open "from 12:00." No closing time, just from 12:00.

On that note, I have class tomorrow at 10:00, so I'd better go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to be the minority! Do they have any books in the library?
Dad

Scott said...

I tYpedd this aftur a few houres @ the liberry,.

...I luv you man!