Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Does anyone know CPR?


No not that kind of CPR, det attesteres hermed, er titdelt folgende personnummer i det centrale personregister:

All citizens in Denmark are registered in the National Civil Register and have a CPR number (civil registry number)

When you register at the national registration office, you get a 10 digit CPR number. The first 6 digits are your date of birth (day, month, year) and the last 4 are the numbers that uniquely identify all people living in Denmark. The last digit identifies your gender – women have an even number, men an uneven.



I also chose my doctor at the time I applied for my civil registry number. My doctor while living here in the nationalized health care nation of Denmark is Johana Linsen. All doctor visits, surgeries, and perscriptions are covered by the government. Dental work is not, and is very expensive.



I'd tell you my CPR number, but then I'd have to kill you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess you can bungee jump, do a somersault in Spanish class, cross the road without looking both ways and share a soda with that kid in your dorm with whooping cough-- just make sure you're wearing a mouthguard!

Anonymous said...

Ben if you break a tooth, just buy me a plane ticket to Denmark and I'll fix it for you free.