Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Welcome home...

Back in 4th grade I invented the "Blog." The inaugural entry:
November 23, 1996
Dear Diary,

My hair is like the color of the Sierra Desert at high noon.
My eyes are the color of the shell of an Australian box turtle.
My legs are as fast as the cheetah after its prey.
My soul is made from the best stuff on earth.
My mind is like the mind of Bill Gates, smart and clever.
My friends are the best thing in the world because at times they guide me.
My arms are the diameter of angel hair spaghetti.
My laugh is like the laugh of a hyena, which is sneaky.
My heart holds love that is as loving and caring as a mother panda bear.
I live in a computer and eat RAM and Chips.
We were required to journal every day for Ms. Degrandt, and I thought it a novel idea to supplement the obligatory paper journal with a shared version over "The Net" for the world to read. The first entry of "Dear Diary," was posted at geocities.com/~benallenallen and everyone who was anyone read it. After a few years of making the world laugh, benallenallen's diary passed by the wayside (Damn those ackward middle school years.)

Now that puberty has come and gone (i think)... I have decided to bring back "Dear Diary" (it seems that my "blog" concept really caught on...)

2 comments:

Colin said...

Funny how your arms are still the diameter of angel hair spaghetti

haha...

Scott said...

Who knew you invented the blog! Seems like you should have gotten some money from inventing that...